Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Homemade Hand Pump Goat Milker

Yep, you read it correctly.  This little pile one day very soon will be our future hand pump goat milker.  Harriet was looking around for one on the web last night and they cost almost $200.  Then she came upon a video on how this guy made his own.  We figure if he can do it so can we.  I'll post a picture of the finished product and let you know how it goes.


I am excited because it will keep out the hair and other possible debris.  I don't know about you but I don't really care much for hair in my milk.

2 comments:

  1. We always just put a rag over the jug and while milking the milk goes right through it. Then in the house we re-screen it before refrigeration.
    Of course that was always with big goats. I have milked my little goats but it was too much trouble. When we start doing our soaps more I plan to build a hand pump like this one so I will be watching your pump build.

    ReplyDelete