Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pygmy/Nigerian Dwarf Milk Stand

I just completed the milking stand however we have not tested it yet.  I have faith it will work if we can get our girls not to throw to big of a fit.  Food will be a good trade off I feel.


The stand is made from salvaged wood from my neighbor's burn pile and some scrap my father intended to burn if I couldn't find a use for it.  Please, I can find a use for almost anything.


The feeding pot came from my cousin who had it in a load he was taking to the dump.  Why throw away a perfectly good pot?!  The mat was the back door mat until the GPs thought it would be fun to drag around the yard and chew on.  I rescued it before they did to much damage.  I roughly painted the squares to make it look prettier.


I didn't have a lock for the head gate so I improvised with the wooden latch lock.  I hope it works out as well as I hope.  If the storms hold out this evening we will give it a test run.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment